Submitted by desrosin.local on Sat, 09/26/2015 - 11:27am
What We Do
The University of Calgary Sport Medicine Centre also sees over 700 patients per year who have suffered from Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injuries. This type of injury is especially common in those who play sports that involve a lot of twisting and quick changes in direction, such as soccer, skiing and basketball. Just because you have suffered from an ACL injury doesn't mean that you have to give up your participation in sport. There have been many athletes who have successfully returned to sport after reconstructive surgery. We also treat patients for knees, shoulders, concussion rehabilitation, Real Time Ultrasound of core muscle activation and cross section evaluation for Lumbar spine.
Your First Appointment
- Arrive 10 to 30 minutes early to fill out forms (your confirmation letter will specify). Save time and click here to fill out the form on your computer, print and bring it with you for your appointment.
- Click here to complete A Quality of Life Questionnaire. Print and bring with you to your appointment.
- Bring a pair of shorts for lower extremity injury and back injuries.
- Bring a sleeveless t-shirt or tank top for an upper extremity injury.
- Bring your Alberta Health Care card.
- Be prepared for your appointment to last approximately one hour.
How to Make An Appointment
- Once a referral is received and accepted by a physician in the Sport Medicine Centre, we will contact you to book an appointment.
- An appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon may be up to 2 years.
- Appointments are available from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- A notice of cancellation or re-scheduling of an appointment is required 24 hours prior to your appointment. A cancellation fee may be applied if a notice of cancellation or re-scheduling is not made within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment.
- Have questions? Give us a call at 403-220-5077.