UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY DINOS SPORT THERAPY SERVICE
WHO ARE WE?
• Sport Therapy Services (STS) is a fee for service company that provides Athletic Therapy services to the Calgary sports community
• STS uses Certification Candidates and Certified members CAT(C) in good standing with the Canadian Athletic Therapists’ Association (CATA)
WHAT DO WE DO?
• The provision of on-field immediate care of athletic injuries by a Certified Athletic Therapist includes:
– injury assessment,
– basic emergency life support,
– recognition and management of acute traumatic neurological dysfunction,
– provision of first aid,
– preparation for entrance into appropriate health care delivery systems, or, where appropriate, utilization of techniques facilitating a safe return to participation.
a) Primary assessment and care of injured athlete(s);
b) First aid treatment;
c) Initial recommendations on athletic post-injury participation status;
d) Advice on entry into further levels of the health care delivery system;
e) Prophylactic taping;
f) Minor alterations and repairs of protective equipment.
g) The University of Calgary shall insure each of its employees under a Professional Liability contract when they are acting in the course of their employment.